Saturday, March 26, 2011

Solar PV System


Our Solar system is made up of 9 REC Polycrystalline panels and an Aurora 2kW Inverter, giving around 2.1kW peak output. Not overly impressed with the actual installation which doesn't surprise me as my experience with most subcontracted installs isn't good.
Just realized that the inverter is not the one pictured....they have supplied the outdoor inverter rather than the indoor as I was shown by the salesperson. They both work the same but the indoor unit is much slimmer.

4 comments:

  1. Looking into this now as well. Do you mind me asking how much it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert, It's a minefield the solar energy industry as I'm sure your finding out. It was around $5500 after government rebates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total minefield!!!! Do you know how much its ment to save you guys a year? Are your panels Hail proof? Are they covered on your home insurance? Have no idea who to use - just started looking around - aaaggggrrrrrhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Answers in same order as the questions.... It should wipe out our electricity bill and put money in our pocket ($1500+ I hope in savings), Hail proof up to the size of golf balls seems to be the normal thing. I have yet to talk to my insurance company but shouldn't be a problem to get cover on existing house insurance. Avoid the real cheap systems ours is low middle of the road price but has European made panels and inverter. We had quotes from $3500 to over $12000.

    ReplyDelete