Friday, March 4, 2011

Lighting Update


I'm starting to get a feel for using the LED bulbs to get the right amount of light. Originally it was planned to use 4x 9W LED bulbs here in the dining area but from previous experience I upped that to 6x. The light output is nice and the quality of light kills CFL bulbs. All that with only 54W of power consumption. All 6 lights are running off a single 12V 10A switch mode power supply which I purchased off eBay from Hong Kong for $28 (In hindsight I could have got away with a 5A power supply).
I'm still waiting on 12V dimmer to arrive from overseas so I can add a dimming function to these lights.

2 comments:

  1. Did you install these lights yourself and where did you buy them from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the 12V side including fitting the holders and LED bulbs. The holders were a runout special from Beacon Lighting and the LED bulbs are from http://www.ecoonline.com.au/.

    ReplyDelete