Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Air Conditioning Malfunction


After having had the air conditioning installers back to sort out the bodgy install of the 3.5kw bedroom unit, today I decided to give the main lounge unit a run. I set it to 22 degrees cooling and went down the road for half an hour. After returning back to the house it was lovely and cool but I could hear running water.....I turned around to see water cascading out of the head unit and down the wall...wtf. It appears there is something wrong with the drainage. There will be a stern phone call first thing in the morning.
For the record the air conditioning was done out of contract after handover but by the same installers as Metricon use for their ducted installs. The rough-ins were perfect but something went very wrong with the installs. I suspect they unleashed a new and untested installer on me....not happy.

1 comment:

  1. When we added air conditioning to our old home, this occurred once. I have a drain pipe outside, and I extended it so it wasn't dripping right beside the house (didn't want to encourage termites you see). The problem arose when I left the water pipe sitting on the air conditioner one day, and the water flowed back and out through the house instead! Need to ensure the pipe is clear and their is no blockage. Also it needs to be a fair way lower than the head unit!!

    ReplyDelete