Saturday, May 21, 2011

Under Bench Lighting Effect





Over the last fortnight I've been slowly installing some LED strip lighting under the kick panel of the kitchen cupboards. The strips I bought from Hong Kong are waterproof but didn't come with an adhesive backing and it took a while to settle on the best solution for gluing it under the benches as double sided tape wouldn't stick to the strip lighting. The final result was obtained by using white bathroom silicon. Since I've taken this picture 3 LED's in a block have failed which means I'll have to replace the whole strip....not happy! TIP: I suspect the failure was caused by over handling as in showing too many people how it worked and what it looked like.


I'll be adding a dimmer as the stuff is very bright at full voltage and the effect will be turned off and on by wireless remote. I'll post more info and pictures as I progress.

1 comment: