Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lighting


The lighting setup has proved to be both interesting and frustrating. I'm trying to integrate new technology (LED lighting) with current CFL lighting. For the record I hate CFL type GU10 down lights designed to replace halogen down lights as they are so sloooooooww to come to full brightness.
In the above picture the lights above the vanities are 9W Warm white LED MR16 fitting LED bulbs and other two lights are 20W CFL bulbs in down light fittings. Together they give an excellent light. The 2 CFL's by themselves are left wanting.
A few points I've found so far. The average 9W LED is only equal to a 35W Halogen...don't be told otherwise. Philips CFL bulbs have the best light output in lumen's and a nice warm colour temperature. For outside lights 9W GU10 LED's are the perfect replacement for halogens except for being slightly whiter than the halogens. I'll post more information as I work through it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie

    I like your post about the led downlights. Can you please tell me the name of the supplier on Ebay that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See my lastest post reviewing LED bulb. Regards Charlie.

    ReplyDelete