Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Alarm Dramas


I reluctantly took the smart wiring and alarm bundle as I knew I was getting stitched up but without any other option for network wiring we took the deal.
Through the later stages of building I was vocal about the fact there is no training or basic setup of the alarm to your requirements. My argument was confirmed correct after hand over as the alarm wasn't in a working state (The backup battery was disconnected) and the user guide is full of holes and omissions. I'm an IT Tech by trade and not afraid of technology but setting up the alarm correctly and clearing some of the faults was beyond me.
On a positive note it's the loudest thing I've had to endure in my life...there is no way a thief would stay around once the alarm is triggered.

3 comments:

  1. oh god, we've gone with this package. so when i dont know how to set it up can you help? the guy we did our electricals with said it talks and prompts you how to set it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can try and help as I now know the master programming code and a few of the pitfalls of the manual. They said the same to us..."Oh it's easy it talks and prompts you how to setup"

    That's only half true...they give the impression that it will walk you through the whole setup...not true. You have to point it in the right direction and then it will walk you through that part only.

    Make a note that the basic installed master code is 1234. When you assign a PIN to user 1 it will overwrite that basic master code (A good thing to do but not mentioned in the manual that I have found yet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi charlie, had i known i would have thoroughly endorsed using TANKSEC security. they did all my businesses and just recently completed my house. full back to base facililties and remote access for a very reasonable price . and bearing in mind how technologically dysleksic I am it is simple to maintain with full zone controls
    all the best
    willy

    ReplyDelete